Robert Funk, DDS
I consider it an honor and privilege to be able to have a positive impact on so many people’s lives. For the past 20 years, I have built some amazing relationships while creating healthy, beautiful smiles. I enjoy helping change people’s attitude towards dentistry and show them that it can actually be an enjoyable experience. Our office provides a very personal touch and makes each person’s experience special. We love to have fun and celebrate their success.
I attended the University of Iowa, earning my Doctorate of Dental Surgery in 1991. I completed advanced training in hospital and trauma dentistry at Loyola University Medical Center during my General Practice Residency in 1992. Since then, I have completed numerous continuing education courses and programs, and have become a member of several professional organizations, including:
- Certificate in IV Sedation, Montefiore Hospital, Bronx, NY, 2004
- Certificate in Dental Implants and Prosthetic Implant Restoration, Misch Implant Institute at Temple University, 2005
- Certified by the Academy of Laser Dentistry, 2007
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists, 2005
- Cosmetic Dentistry training for Advanced Dental Studies, Las Vegas Institute
- Invisalign® Premier Provider
- Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation
- Mini Implant Certification, Temple University, 2004
- Six Month Smiles® Cosmetic Braces Certified, 2010
- Academy of General Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- Illinois State Dental Society
- Will County Dental Society
- Chicago Dental Society
I am a lifelong Joliet/Shorewood resident. My wife, Lyn, and I have three children, Nina, Robbie, and Jackson, and a pug dog, Cosmo. In my free time, I enjoy a variety of outdoor sports.
I am also active in my community as a past Board of Directors member of the Shorewood Area Chamber of Commerce, a member of the Joliet Region Chamber of Commerce, and a volunteer with the Will-Grundy Medical Clinic.